Pebbles Patio Party: Concertina Tag Cards!





Hi Creative Friends!
I am so excited to be sharing my first tutorial with the all NEW Pebbles, Jen Hadfield: Patio Party collection! With so many beautiful patterns and designs, this collection will wow you!
Image result for pebbles jen hadfield patio party
So super beautiful! 
 But enough chatter, let's get onto my project - Concertina Tag Cards!

When I first laid eyes on pattern paper JUST FOR YOU I knew I wanted to make a trio of cards from it! I love receiving cards that are a little interactive, and concertina folded tags are so much fun!
Here's how....
  1. Trim out the 'triangles' connecting the tags, and then cut into 3 'rows' or sections, as shown below.

2. Use a ruler and scoring tool to mark all the 'folds' & then firmly press into concertina (fan fold).

3. Prepare 3 card bases for your trio. (I used white cardstock, trimmed 6" long x 8" wide, which I score down the center and fold to create a 6" x 4" card.) Trim pattern paper WANDERING WILDFLOWERS to 5 3/4"long  x 3 3/4" wide and adhere to front of card.

4. Attach a 12" length of ribbon to the card front - be sure to only glue in the center and not the sides, as we'll need this ribbon to tie up our tags. Next, tape the back of the final tag in the concertina over the ribbon and onto the card front, as below....
*I attach a pretty layered BUTTERFLY STICKER over the butterfly print tag and add a WOOD STICKER to the front of my card for a little embellishing*

5. Use the ribbon to 'tie up' the cascading concertina, and pin into place with those stunning GOLD SAFETY PINS. Add a PUFFY STICKER or two for that finishing touch!

SO pretty! 
And the recipient has such a fun surprise when they untie that bow! 
Decorate those pretty tags with messages to your loved ones or leave as is, they're sure to please either way!

The second card in this trio uses the same techniques, but this time I use the reverse side of WANDERING WILDFLOWERS for the card front. I also use the patterned barcode strip from the base of this paper as an alternative to ribbon. Cute!  
Hole punch the tags, and fasten together with another of those awesome GOLD SAFETY PINS, taping the final tag onto the card front, as before. 
Decorate with those super sweet PUFFY STICKERS.


Here's how these two cards look before opening.....

Yes - I wrapped up that card like a present as really adds that specialty to the gesture of card giving!
And here's how they look after opening.......

Love this! SO cute 'n' fun!
The last card in the trio is slightly different! Prepare the card front as per card 1, then embellish with a doily. Take the final set of concertina tags and slice off the end tag. Hole punch, attach a ribbon and then place onto the card front with adhesive foam dots.


Take the remaining concertina tags and tape the two end tags inside the card - creating a simple pop up effect!
I decorate mine with those beautiful BUTTERFLY STICKERS, and fill the card with sequins. Such a happy surprise when you open this card!


And there you have it! A trio of concertina tag cards that are sure to bring a smile to everyone you share them with!


Thanks so much for visiting today!
I hope I have inspired you to get creating with the gorgeous Patio Party!

til next time, 
Happy Arty Days, 
Amanda xo


OTHER SUPPLIES:

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment